ESPN2

 ESPN2 Live and free

ESPN2

For schedule check channels site.

It is an American basic cable and satellite television network that is owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (which owns a controlling 80% stake) and the Hearst Corporation (which owns the remaining 20%). It was initially formatted as a network for a younger generation of sports fans; by the late 1990s, this mandate was phased out as the channel increasingly served as a second outlet for ESPN’s mainstream sports coverage.

As of February 2015, It is available to approximately 94,379,000 pay television households (81.1% of households with at least one television set) in the United States.

ESPN2 launched on October 1, 1993 at 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time. Its inaugural program was the premiere of SportsNight, a sports news program originally hosted by Keith Olbermann and Suzy Kolber – where Olbermann opened the show by jokingly welcoming viewers to “the end of our careers.” Launching with an estimated carriage of about 10 million homes, it aimed to be a more informal and youth-oriented channel than parent network ESPN, featuring a heavier emphasis on programming that would appeal to the demographic. The youthful image was also reflected in its overall presentation, which featured a graffiti-themed logo and on-air graphics.

Its initial lineup featured studio programs such as SportsNight (which host Keith Olbermann characterized as a “lighter” parallel to ESPN’s SportsCenter that would still be “comprehensive, thorough and extremely skeptical”), Talk2 (a nightly talk show hosted by radio personality Jim Rome, which was billed as a sports parallel to CNN’s Larry King Live), Max Out (an extreme sports anthology series carried over from ESPN) and SportsSmash, a five-minute rundown of sports news and scores which aired every half-hour. ESPN2 also featured several half-hour news programs focused on specific sports, such as NFL 2Night (football), NHL 2Night(hockey) and RPM 2Night (auto racing). Event coverage would focus on coverage of mainstream sports popular within the 18-34 age demographic, such as auto racing, college basketball and NHL hockey (which was branded as NHL Fire on Ice), while also covering atypical sports such as BMX and other extreme sports.

ESPN2 would also be used to showcase new technology and experimental means of broadcasting events: on September 18, 1994, it aired a simulcast of ESPN’s coverage of CART’s Bosch Spark Plug Grand Prix, consisting exclusively of onboard camerafeeds. In 1995, it introduced the “BottomLine,” a persistent news ticker which displayed sports news and scores. The BottomLine would later be adopted by ESPN itself and all of its future properties.

In the late 1990s, ESPN2 would phase out its youth-oriented format and begin to serve as a secondary outlet for ESPN’s mainstream programming; telecasts began to adopt a more conventional style, and the “graffiti 2” logo was dropped in 2001 in favor of a variation of the standard ESPN logo. On-screen graphics (such as the BottomLine) used a blue color scheme instead of red to differentiate it from ESPN. On February 12, 2007, the ESPN2 branding was stripped from most on-air presentation and replaced with ESPN: the ESPN2 brand is now solely used for station identification.

Watch live streaming ESPN2 channel completely free from our site. This service comes 24*7  for our supporting viewership. For schedule see the channels site.

If this channel doesn’t works any time kindly contact us by leaving a comment.

ESPN2-Live Stream, ESPN2-Live Streaming, ESPN-2 Live Stream Online, ESPN2 Live, Watch-ESPN2 Online, ESPN-2 Stream, ESPN-2 Online, Live ESPN2 Stream, Live ESPN-2 Streaming, ESPN-2 Free Stream, Live Online TV, Live TV Online, Watchfreelivetv.com

Leave a reply